Thursday 21 July 2011

Day 1, first step.

First of all I'd just like to give you a little bit of background, basically I'm a complete novice when it comes to painting miniatures as well as art in general. I will be posting my progress from my first model and beyond, hopefully making noticeable progress in between. I only have a basic point and shoot camera but I will do my best to get passable photos.

First up, just a simple Dark Angels Marine, I didn't use any of the "special" bits on him, nor the better weapons as I didn't want to waste them seeing as he's my first model ever. I'm pretty happy with how I put him together, although the right arm doesn't look right to me, maybe it's my eyes but I'm pretty sure I should have put the shoulder pad on at a better angle. And don't ask how long it actually took me just to put the bloody thing together, it's too embarrassing! Any tips would be great, especially when it comes to mold lines and especially the little bits of plastic left over from the sprue, I got most of it off (I think) but it's not perfect.


I will be updating this blog for every stage of every model, I would have added photos of the model primed but God is mocking me and made it ran the second I finished putting the model together.

More to come in the future, any tips, tricks, advice no matter how small is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment