Sunday 7 August 2011

My Ork army grows a little.

Time for an update, here's 2 models I just finished. This was the first time I painted more than 1 model at a time and I'd say it'll be the last time for now, I'm just too slow to make it work. A lot of things went wrong, mainly my GW standard brush splitting and being completely useless, I still can't believe how bad quality the brush is, splitting after 4 models is just terrible. Luckily the next time I paint I'll be using a set of Winsor Series 7 brushes.

Anyway, enough moaning. I think I improved the weapons and the mouth on these models, I used red on the gums/mouth, highlighted with Dheneb Stone and then washed with Sepia, before I just did Dheneb Stone over the black basecoat and left it at that. As for the weapons I've added some bronze which I've dulled down several times with both Badab Black and Devlan Mud, I think they look much better than my first attempt where it was just plain Gunmetal. Overall I think these 2 are a step up from my first, I'll post a shot of the 3 together at the end.

Second Ork:


Third Ork:




My massive "army" so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment